Run Like a Mother

8/16/2010

Three books down, nine to go to reach my goal for the year. [Re: 52 Things To Do In 2010.] What's even better... all three books have been great reads!

Run Like a Mother by Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea

I just want to start this book review off by thanking Cathy Zielske for blogging about this book (and inspiring me to start running).

Although I have no desire to run a marathon (at this time), as a beginner runner, I feel like I get it now. I am not afraid to lace up my Nike shoes and go for a run any more. Even though I have runner friends, this book opened a whole new world to me. I feel like I'm in on the secret now and I am confident to go out on a run.

Thank you to Dimity and Sarah for sharing your stories with me. Their lighthearted, straightforward writing style made me feel like I was one of their friends. If you are a runner, want to be a runner, or know a runner, you should pick up this book.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts