New Recipe - Asian Flank Steak

9/02/2009

I'm always a little timid trying out new recipes. There are many times when I try it and either I mess it up or I just flat out don't like it. However, I am so sick of eating the same thing every night that I hit my local library and checked out about 50 cookbooks. I am now bound and determined to try to make something new once a week so I can expand my horizons. This one, from Super Suppers Cookbook is a definite keeper!

I made a mixture of white and brown rice and steamed broccoli to go with it. The only thing I would change would be making more of the marinade so I had more of the sauce to go over the rice and broccoli. Happy Cooking!


Asian Flank Steak


Serves: 6-8
Ingredients
2 pounds beef flank steak
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup finely minced onion
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons toasted seasame oil
1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger (I left this out, as I am not a big fan of ginger)
1 Tablespoon minced fresh garlic (I used the jarred version)
1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional)

Directions
  1. Place flank steak in a plastic bag. Add all ingredients above. Seal bag, turn to coat evenly. Refrigerate 1-24 hours (I suggest closer to 24 hours), turning bag occasionally.
  2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
  3. Remove steak from bag, reserving marinade. Grill 10-16 minutes for medium rare (I don't like medium rare so it took closer to 25 minutes to grill). Meanwhile, simmer marinade over medium heat until reduced by half.
  4. Let steak stand 5 minutes. Slice meat across the grain into very think slices. Drizzle with reduced marinade.
To Freeze
Add all ingredients to freezer bag and freeze up to 1 month. Defrost completely in refrigerator before continuing to step 2.


Byrd, Judie. "Asian Flank Steak." Recipe. Super Suppers Cookbook. Meredith Books, 2007. 22.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts