Me: The Abridged Version

7/11/2010

Big Picture Scrapbooking

After seeing the final product of other scrapbookers, I have been anxiously awaiting the news that this class was being offered again. So when I found out that the class was starting in September, I signed up immediately! If you are interested in finding out more about the class, check out the workshop description for Me: The Abridged Version at Big Picture Scrapbooking.

I am so excited about this class that I have already begun the pre-class assignment, creating a tag book. I didn't use the template that was provided by the instructor, Cathy Zielske, so I thought I'd share what I did.

Project Materials
· 5 sheets of white 12x12 cardstock  · Paper trimmer  · Hole punch  ·Binder Ring
· 1" Round Tag  · 7Gypsies Monogram Stamp Set
· Distress Ink in Antique Linen  · ColorBox Chalk Inkpad in Chestnut Room
· Scallop journal template from TheCraftersWorkshop.com
· Tombow Permanent Mono Adhesive  · Creative Memories Corner Rounder
 · Zig Pens (Coffee, Chocolate, and Pure Brown)
 · My Mind's Eye Laundry Line Natural Aspire Clear Stamp


  1. Cut white cardstock to 5 3/4" x 3" (I used 5 12x12 sheets to make 30 tags)
  2. Punch a hole in each tag (I put mine in the center, and 1/4" down from the top)
  1. Round the edges of all the tags
  1. Ink the edges of the tags
  2. Set aside 4 tags
  1. Line all but 4 the tags that you have set aside
  1. Add a letter, A-Z, to each of the lined tags (I used the stamps from 7Gypsies Monogram Stamp Set)


  1. Add embellishment to dress up the tags (like the Laundry Line Natural Aspire Clear Stamps from My Mind's Eye)
  1. Crumple up two of the tags that I had set aside and distressed with Antique Linen Distress Ink
  2. Flatten the crumpled up pieces and glue each to a second tag
  1. Decorate one of the distressed tags the front of the book
  2. Put all the tags on a binder ring

And, on top of having my tag book done, I've already starting making notes on what I want to document. Already loving this project!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts